
As in words from you.
I have no real words of wisdom to offer.
...Ok, maybe this one, though not sure it counts so much as wisdom but general common sense...
Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night.
The pretty much taps me out as far as wisdom is concerned : }
But I am willing to bet the rest of you do.
I started this blog because I thought perhaps it would be a way to share the part of my life that I currently keep private. I figured writing in this 'anonymous' world of the blogosphere would be a great chance to share, vent, and confess my daily doings to an audience of like-minded and supportive people.
I was correct about the audience anyway.
But the writing? The writing is proving very difficult. For some reason it just feels awkward.
And it's not like I don't have anything to say. It just makes me feel ...exposed...to write it.
(Isn't that a kicker!? After all the exams and pokes and prods and camera's and tubes and balloons and 'spreaders' we've had down there...and I feel exposed because of words!)
Keeping things private can be a rather hard habit to break. I think the common cure is alcohol. Lot's and LOT'S of alcohol. And much as I'd be willing to type tipsy (I became somewhat of an expert in university I am told!), I'm afraid alcohol just doesn't fit in well with the TTC program. Unless you are in high school. Then it seems to be the key ingredient.
So I ask all of you - how did you become the honest blogging women you are today? Did you struggle with the idea of sharing, or does it just come natural? Do you ever put up posts and then regret it (or remove them altogether..)? Do the comments and support more than make up for any discomfort?
What advice can you give a reluctant writer???
Missing1- I am relatively new at this also, but I am a talker and a writer. After many years of counseling, I am generally pretty comfortable saying what I am thinking or feeling. Occasionally though I look at my posts and think "What WAS I thinking?" I've only taken one post down though, one about my relationship to my dad. It contained stuff I was uncomfortable having out there in the blogosphere even anonymously. I think you will find your voice as you realize that we are not here to judge you. We're just a little virtual community of friends. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI try and write what I would want to read if I was the reader. So that means posts need to have a bit of humor in them and you got it with the lacative comment! My encouragement is to take it one post at a time. Write about something small and innocuous
ReplyDeleteand go from there. And yes, I have written things and I was like OMG why did I write that, but then everyone responded so positively I felt encouraged to go on. Blogging is like riding a bike it gets easier the more you do it. Like Nell said, we aren't here to judge, but rather to support so write away. We will read AND love whatever you want to share.
I'm not sure I can offer any advice since I only blog about ttc & not much about my life...my intention with my blog was to document what I went through trying to become a SMC so I only blog about that & life events that directly pertain to ttc/pregnancy...so there's a lot that I hold back. I can't get over the low self esteem issue of "who'd want to read about my dull life!" But the acceptance & support from fellow bloggers has been overwhelming! I don't think I could have gotten through these last months without it. Like Nell said, we're not here to judge. So write what you're comfortable writing, share what you need to share & know you will find love & support for it!
ReplyDeleteI wrote some really lame blog entries over the months, and still do. I guess you just need to sit down and start writing. See what comes out. Nothing you say is unimportant, and you don't have to shake up the world with every post. You just start telling your story. What if you go back to your history a little and talk about how you got here? Why'd you title your blog missconceived? (I really like it, seems like there might be a story there.)
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of a writer. I don't like to write that much. I'm a scientific person.. I'm a physician and I only scribble prescriptions for my patients-- that is the most writing I do on a daily basis.
ReplyDeleteI decided to blog my experience in becoming a SMC because I want other women to know that they are not alone. I want to share my ups and downs as we all can learn from each other.
I'm not much of a writer so I wasn't even sure if blogging was for me. But after reading other SMC blogs, I decided to start one because I wanted to connect with other women who were feeling and experiencing many of the same things I was/am.
ReplyDeleteWhen I write a post, sometimes it's to vent, sometimes to ask for advice, describe a procedure, or sometimes it's to ask for support. I've learned so much from everyone and most importantly, I don't feel alone.
You have a great writing style. Continue to write what you're comfortable sharing. We're here for you no matter what.