Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Starting Again


It's pretty amazing what we will try when TTC.

I consider myself a pretty level-headed person. I used to silently laugh at the folks who read every article and analyzed every ingredient and yelled at the ocean before meditating in the sand. I had friends who seemed to go completely overboard when they were trying. No more caffeine. No loud music. Proper food. Vitamins and vitamins and vitamins. Heart rate below a certain level. Luke warm tubs and showers. The list goes on and on.

I vowed that I would never be one of 'those women'. I'd be sensible about things, but not 'over the top'.

Cut to the present....

The day starts off with a lovely luke warm shower. Breakfast includes fortified milk, folic acid, a multi-vitamin, and a few juicy pieces of pineapple. I take the stairs and walk the halls at a leisurely pace as I am carrying a rather heavy bag full of text books and I don't want to exert myself too hard. My after school tea is decaf (and therefore flavourless). And I skipped volleyball practice to attend my second acupuncture appointment.

All I can say is, if you have a spare sand bucket, you're welcome to join me...the yelling commences at sunset : )



6 comments:

  1. oh, I totally hear you on this one. It is hard not to think that if you just make enough of the little changes something will tip the balance in your favor. And why not? There is definitely some mental peace that comes from knowing you are doing everything you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great lesson of not judging others until you have walked in their shoes... I do much of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean...you start to stop & think about every thing you eat or drink, everything you put on or in your body, every activity...& there's just so many differing opinions about what good & what's harmless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely can related. I eat organic food only. TTC makes you think twice about yoru diet and activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so utterly relate. Today, I refused gum offered to me because most brands have aspartame or other crap in them. I refused alcohol while my friends were enjoying some very superior margaritas. At the beach today, I could not use sunblock because cosmetic database had told me how much chemical crap was in each of the brands being passed around (good thing I'm Indian and have plenty of the natural sunblock). Oh well...all of this had better pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate! If you aren't careful TTC can take over your life. I feel like I have tried it all. *sign* Including acupuncture for infertility.

    *http://infertilenanny.blogspot.com*

    ReplyDelete